Current 2010-2011 Jade Ribbon Youth Council Members
Jessica Cheng (Junior | Los Altos High School)
Jessica is a junior at Los Altos High. She is an enthusiastic person who loves to try out new flavors of gum, hang out with friends, read and play volleyball. Somewhat of a klutz, she gets by everyday with the help of her friends and family. Mornings are her favorite time of day and she likes to take naps in inconvenient places. Jessica loves being part of the JRYC and is excited for her second year!
Walter Hsiang (Senior | Saratoga High School)
Walter Hsiang, a senior at Saratoga High School, loves to do many things. His greatest passion is playing cello in his school orchestra and the California Youth Symphony. When not busy with music, Walter participates in his swim team and Public Forum debate team. As president and VP in many clubs, he leads the California Scholarship Federation, Tri-M, Disabilities Club, and LiveRight at his school. He also likes to collect stamps, do magic tricks, and hang out with friends. He’s thrilled to join the JRYC and fight Hep B!
Stefanie Kong (Junior | St. Francis High School)
Stefanie Kong is delighted to be part of the JRYC. This is her first year in the council, but she is very excited to join the ALC family. She is a junior at St. Francis High School, where she writes for her school newspaper and is very active in the Interact, International, and Shakespeare Clubs. Stefanie is also the pianist for her school’s chamber choir and string ensemble. She enjoys making new friends, and hopes to eradicate hepatitis B with everyone’s help!
Cindy Lam (Senior | Aragon High School/Middle College at the College of San Mateo)
Cindy Lam, a towering 5 feet and half an inch, loves being a part of Aragon’s Varsity Badminton Team, Mock Trial, San Mateo’s Youth Activities Council and of course, JRYC! During her free time, she volunteers at an emergency room, draws, break dances and listens to divine music in languages she barely understands. Her favorite color is unquestionably—jade. And she hopes to continue JRYC’s amazing progress in the battle ring against hepatitis B.
Tiffany Lee (Senior | Mission San Jose High School)
A conscientious leader and attentive listener, Tiffany strongly lives by the mantra, “Actions, not words.” Indeed, as a senior at Mission San Jose High, Tiffany aims to increase HBV awareness amongst the global community by joining JRYC for the first time. She interns for Assemblymembers Alberto Torrico and Bob Wieckowski and is constantly busy with cabinet duties in Junior State of America. But in her free time, Tiffany enjoys composing music for the piano, planning out her future travel logs, and playing softball.
Rajeswari “Raji” Ramanathan (Senior | Irvington High School)
With a strong passion for journalism and science, Raji Ramanathan strives to increase the awareness of HBV among not only the Asian American population, but also the global network. A senior at Irvington High School, Raji best enjoys writing for her school newspaper, as she is the Editor-in-Chief. In addition, she works for a local newspaper as their first student reporter. Raji is part of the Debate team (Policy debater!), VP of PTSA, Co-Chair for the school Site Council and others. When she’s tired or bored, Raji loves to understand philosophy, try new foods, take nature walks, and learn trivia!
Anna Shen (Senior | Saratoga High School)
A senior at Saratoga High School, Anna Shen devotes herself to making a difference and putting “service above self.” Although lazy at times, Anna is an active member of student government, youth commissions, and non-profit foundations. She likes spending her summers doing lab research, but her love for journalism exceeds any of her other passions. When not busy, Anna loves to kick back, solve Mensa puzzles, and enjoy a box of Godiva Chocolates, See’s Candies, and Ferrero Rochers.
Jay Wang (Senior | Archbishop Mitty High School)
A senior at Archbishop Mitty, Jay Wang tackles life one step at a time. When not doing homework, he preoccupies himself with mock trial, jazz band, and swimming. Trying to find a balance between tradition and change, he likes to think of himself as a “creative conformist.” He is excited for his first year on the Jade Ribbon Youth Council and willing to give it a hundred percent to make it as memorable and successful as possible!
Angela Zhang (Junior | Monta Vista High School)
Angela Zhang is extremely excited for her second year on the JRYC. Angela loves helping out around the community. She is member of Interact and tutors at the local middle school. At school she challenges herself by being apart of the Speech and Debate team and the Biology club. In her free time she watches a countless amount of tv shows, reads an endless number of books, and raises awareness for the eradication of Hep B.
Linda Nguyen, a junior at Archbishop Mitty, is thrilled for her first year on JRYC. Though not exactly known for her towering height, she tries to approach life with as much optimism as possible. She loves taking part in AMHS Mock Trial Team, the Mitty Advocacy Project, Peer tutoring, and the Monarch Newspaper. In the little spare time she has, she works as an emergency department assistant, reads an endless number of books, and devotes as much time as possible to the fight against Hep B.
Honora Ip (Junior | Palo Alto High School)
Honora is a junior from Palo Alto High School and she is happy to become part of the JRYC. She is excited to come up with different ideas to help the fight against Hep B. Recently, she started a Team HBV chapter at her high school to spread the awareness of the cause. She loves language classes and she is currently taking Japanese at school. She also speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin fluently. In her free time, she loves to collect different things such as stuffed animals, cute pens and shoes.
Jimmy Zheng (Junior | Saratoga High School)
Jimmy Zheng is now chilling with the JRYCers (first year)! He is a Saratoga High School student and currently very interested in calculus. Just kidding… He is part of the SHS Mock Trial Team, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Triple-I Club, and a non-profit organization called Big Brothers Big Sisters. Jimmy loves to meet new people and is quite gregarious. He is in love with Emma Watson, LoL, and music. He looks up to Will Smith and tries to imitate his acting skills. Jimmy hopes to contribute significantly to eradicating the Hepatitis B Virus.
Former Jade Ribbon Youth Councils
Former Jade Ribbon Youth Council Members
- Jeffrey Bien (2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006) | Georgetown University ’10, Pinewood High School ’06
- Sonali Biligiri (2005-2006) | Drexel University, Monta Vista High School ’07
- Boris Chen 2003-2004) | Menlo High School
- Cerena Chen (2007-2008, 2008-2009) | Princeton University ’13, Archbishop Mitty High School ’09
- Charles Chen (2006-2007) | UC Berkeley ’11, Monta Vista High School ’07
- Cory Chen (2003-2004) | Mills High School
- Emily Chen (2007-2008) | University of Chicago ’12, Mission San Jose High School ’08
- Jonathan Chen (2004-2005) | UCSD ’09, Archbishop Mitty ’05
- Chrissy Chew (2003-2004) | Saratoga High School ’05
- Hellen Chiao (2003-2004) | MCW ’12, UCLA, ’08, Henry M. Gunn High School ’05
- Catherine Chiu (2006-2007, 2007-2008) | Brown University ’12, The Harker School ’08
- Michelle Chiu (2005-2006)
- Mindy Chu (2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007) | Smith College ’11, Monta Vista High School ’07
- Kristin Dang (2005-2006)
- Cindy Guan (2006-2007) | Stanford University ’11, Mission San Jose High School ’07
- Ally Ha (2003-2004, 2004-2005) | Stanford University ’05, Andrew Putnam Hill High School ’05
- Joyce Ho (2003-2004, 2004-2005) | Stanford University ’05, Castilleja High School ’05
- Catherine Hsu (2004-2005) | Evergreen Valley High School ’07
- Bryan Hwang (2004-2005) | Palo Alto High School ’06
- Michelle Kang (2007-2008, 2008-2009) | Stanford University ’13, St. Francis High School ’09
- Jerry Khong (2007-2008) | UC Riverside ’12, Bellarmine College Prepatory ’08
- Daniel Ki (2007-2010) | Monta Vista ’11
- Anne Kim (2009-2010) | Rice University ’14, Los Altos High School ’10
- Daniel Kim (2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009) | Harvard University ’13, The Harker School ’09
- Dylan Kim (2006-2007, 2007-2008) | Stanford University ’12, Henry M. Gunn High School ’08
- June Kim (2005-2006) | UC Berkeley ‘12, Monta Vista High School ‘08
- June-Ho Kim (2004-2005) | Harvard ‘09, Monta Vista High School ‘05
- Michelle Kim (2005-2006, 2006-2007) | Foothill High School ’07
- Sarah Kim (2007-2010) | California High School ’11
- Dustin Lee (2005-2006) | UC Berkeley ’10, Monta Vista High School ’06
- Solomon Lee (2005-2006) | Stanford ’10, Monta Vista High School ’06
- Albert Lin (2007-2008) | UC Berkeley ’13, Leland High School ’09
- Alex Lin (2007-2008) | UCLA ’12, Monta Vista High School ’08
- Charles Liu (2005-2006, 2006-2007) | Harvard ’11, Homestead High School ’07
- Yuxin Liu (2006-2007) | Rice University ’11, California High School ’07
- Vivian Nguyen (2003-2004, 2004-2005) | Monta Vista High School ’05
- James Pak (2005-2006) | UC Irvine ’10, Saratoga High School ’06
- Jason Pan (2004-2005) | Henry M. Gunn High School ’05
- Duo Park (2004-2005) | Westmont High School ’06
- Serena Shih (2007-2008, 2008-2009) | UC Berkeley ’13, Mission San Jose High School ’09
- Pai-Yu Brandon Shih (2006-2007) | UCSD ’11, Mission San Jose High School ’07
- Derrick Su (2003-2004) | Lynbrook High School ’05
- Elisabeth Sum (2007-2008, 2008-2009) | University of Pennsylvania ’13, Monte Vista High School ’09
- Jennifer Tran (2005-2006) | UCLA ’10, Palo Alto High School ’06
- Jessica Tsai (2003-2004) | Saint Francis High School ’05
- Jon Wang (2008-2010) | Piedmont High School ’11
- Matt Wang (2008-2010) | Piedmont High School ’12
- Michael Wang (2005-2006) | UCSD ’10, Monta Vista High School ’06
- Wilbur Wang (2003-2004) | Archbishop Mitty High School ’06
- Yvette Wang (2004-2005) | Williams College ’09, Monta Vista High School ’05
- Amanda Wong (2003-2004, 2004-2005) | UC Berkeley ’14, Cornell University ’12, Monta Vista High School ’05
- Alina Wong (2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008) | UCLA ’12, Monta Vista High School ’08
- Lynn Xia (2006-2007) | University of Southern California ’11, California High School ’07
- Lucy Yang (2006-2007, 2007) | UC Berkeley ’12, California High School ’08
- Albert Yap (2003-2004) | Stanford University ’08, Menlo High School ’05